Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
- We share some of your data with local out of hours/urgent or emergency care service.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research. This practice is supporting vital health and care planning and research by sharing your data with NHS Digital’. For more information about this see the GP Practice Privacy Notice for General Practice Data for Planning and Research
Data Protection Officer
Dr Savita Mittal
Gateacre Medical Centre
(Interim DPO until Liverpool GPPO Federation employs permanent)
Dr Stephen McKenzie
Margaret Thompson Medical Centre
For more information please ask at reception or alternatively see the additional documentation in the privacy notice menu